The new MR18 high-mobility surveillance metric wave radar is developing by Iskra Scientific and Production Complex, a part of UkrOboronProm. The radar is based on a digital phased array and allows to detect Stealth airborne objects.
The MR18 high-mobility surveillance metric wave radar is designed to enlarge radar detection field of air defense system. The new MR18 radar system is based on the one chassis of KrAZ high-mobility cross-country truck chassis.
BASIC TECHNICAL DATA:
- Operating frequency range UHF
- Maximum radar operation limits in range, 400 km
- Scanning interval, 10, 20 s
- Clutter suppression, 50 dB
- Amming cancelling, 20 dB
- Track throughput, more than 300
- Number of transport units 1
- Deployment/closing time, 5/3 min
The new Ukrainian MR18 radar is capable of detecting and tracking the stealth fifth-generation plane or any other fighter jets or aircraft. Also, MR18 radar can be used in air-defense missile systems, for fighter guidance or for Air Force combat training.